One of the special gifts my beautiful wife Aimee gave me this year was some time at home alone.
Your initial reaction may be one of less than thrilled, but I assure you as a father of four, this was a gift of great sacrifice on her part and unforeseen joy of my own.
Here is what has transpired in the 120 minutes afforded me:
- Went to the bathroom without having to settle an arguement between my eight and five year olds from the throne.
- Took a hot shower wherein I was able to shampoo and condition my hair and tend to my beard and nose hairs.
- Checked Facebook birthday messages on a computer which wasn’t being pounded on by the two year old.
- Cleared off my dresser and night stand
- Began an all too violent and poorly acted movie, then changed it mid-sentence for a much better acted but only slightly less-violent one.
- Actually created a personal blog post…not a reblog, not a picture…something original.
So, a special thank you to my beautiful bride and family whom, despite any implication above, I actually kind of miss right now.
I wonder when they get back…